Friday, July 23, 2004

How Does Your Garden Grow?

I'm interested in gardening.  Not very good at it, especially in the heat of summer, but still interested.
 
My experience with gardening is that it is very much a work in progress.  I plod ahead, trying new things, trusting old ways, getting rid of things that don't work. Take a look at my garage and you'd also see that I hold on to outdated resources much too long.
 
The same is true with our spiritual gardens.  We keep on trying, sometimes experiencing a rich harvest and sometimes struggling with weeds.  This is a very personal area for many people, but I'd like to know: how does your garden grow? What do you do that is successful for your spiritual growth (and here I'm interpreting "spiritual" fairly broadly). What doesn't work? What hopes do you have?  Leave your posts for a continuing conversation.
 
Peace,
 
Chris